Zephyr: Unable to Add Tests to Test Cycle and Add Test Steps

Dustin Orrick February 14, 2014
Steps to Recreate
  1. From a story click "Create Test"
  2. Finish creating test
  3. Then go to Test Cycle
  4. Under cycles attempt to add test individually
  5. Fails (see video link below), claims "Not a Test" even though it says Zephyr Test as it's type
Notes
I believe the issue is that the type Zephyr Test is not longer considered a "Test" type in the eyes of Jira and why we can't add them to test cycles or add test case steps (perhaps).
Screen capture - link available privatly with Zephyr support

Also unable to add test steps to Zephyr Tests, believe related to issue above
  1. I can create a "Zephyr Test" issue, but can't add any test steps to it.
  2. I can drill into an existing "Zephyr Test" issue, but can't view or edit any of the existing steps.
  3. If I go through the "Test Cycle" view and hit the "E"[xecute] button, I can see the test steps on existing ZTs.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

Hi Dustin,

We would prefer not to post it here. If folks run into this issue we would rather they email us at support(at)getzephyr(dot)com. We will be able to assist them there. The reason for this is becuase folks may have made changes differently. If they try what we supplied you with, and they did not make the same mistake, the incorrect fix may make the issue worse. We would prefer an email to support.

Kind Regards,

Emily

1 vote
Rosalie Alino November 14, 2019

Hello,

I am having the same issue as above and until now I haven't get any response. Can somebody please help. Thanks 

1 vote
Dustin Orrick February 18, 2014

Makes sense, Contact Zephyr support at - http://support.yourzephyr.com/

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

Hi Dustin,

It looks like we are working on this via email. We will continue there.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Dustin Orrick February 18, 2014

Hi Emily,

Now that this is resolved, care to post the solution here for the community? Or I can if you don't mind.

Thanks for all the help,
Dustin

Kayleigh January 18, 2018

If possible - can you share where was the solution to this posted? Thank you!

Neha Rawat January 24, 2019

Hi, we are still facing this issue. Please let us know how did this issue get resolved. Thanks!!

Like Becky Boardsen likes this
Becky Boardsen January 29, 2019

Please share the solution.

We've had this issue for a week now. (Jan 21, 2019 - Jan 29, 2019)

Like # people like this
Becky Boardsen February 26, 2019

Seems that the “plugin” for adding cases was broken and Jira Support doesn’t know how to fix it.

Jira had to reach out to their third-party vendor (Adaptavist), because they support the “plugin”.

A support ticket was sent to Adaptavist regarding this issue and fixed within 24 hours.

If you want to refer to the ticket number that resolved this issue, tell them to see:

JST-447882 Users reports issue when adding test cases

Suggest an answer