Zephyr Testcase Importer doesn't save API token

Blaine Shirk December 9, 2019

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating Zephyr for Jira and I'm having trouble with the Testcase Importer. I'm able to successfully get the importer connected, but if I close the importer I'm required to regenerate a new API key every time I try to connect. 

Is there something I'm not doing so that the API key is stored and used once?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2019

Hi Blaine Shrik,

API Token generation is one time operation. You can use the same api token "n" number of times. There is no expiration time for api token until you delete or revoke access token.

However we are not saving the api token, access and secret keys in our importer window. You can use the same api token, access and secret keys for every time you connect in importer.

If you have any other questions/issues you can raise support ticket https://support.smartbear.com/message?prod=zephyr

Blaine Shirk December 10, 2019

Correct, but the problem is that you can't access the API token after you generate it. It forces users to have to save that token plus the access and secret keys somewhere so that user's don't have to navigate through Jira to find these things every time they want to import test cases. It would be nice if the importer was built into the Zephyr framework within Jira like other testing applications. Honestly, being able to import test cases in bulk is a high priority item for QA to work efficiently with any test management application. I'm surprised this tool seems to be an after thought.

jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

We have already this feature available in Zephyr for jira server, and for Zephyr for jira cloud, we will implement soon where importer functionality is inbuilt inside the zephyr for jira cloud.

Please help us in voting the feature requests in our trello board, so that our product management team will prioritize the feature requests

https://trello.com/b/7BzImY5B/zephyr-for-jira-cloud

Blaine Shirk December 12, 2019

The voting action is not available for that Item

Suggest an answer