YouTrack - How do I export comments along with issue (summary and description)

Judah
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 27, 2018

Hi ,

I need to download the comments and attachments from the issues to the CSV file . Currently, I am only able to download the Issue id, summary , description and other details. Please help me if you have a search query for You track where I can also download the comments an the attachment in the issues. 

My final goal is to migrate all the issues to Jira along with the comments , description summary and the attachment

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2018

Hello Judah,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

I think that this question would be better addressed in the YouTrack community since you are needing help to export the data from YouTrack. Have you tried to ask for help there?

Anyway, I was able to find some good answers and articles about this matter. Unfortunately, it seems that YouTrack does not have the functionality to export comments or Attachments using CSV, however, you can achieve this goal by using REST API.

Please, refer to the articles below to know how you can export the data from YouTrack:

Export All issues with comments

Get Attachments from an issue

Additionally, here are some helpful answers I was able to find on YouTrack community:

Question: Export all issues and comments using CSV

Question: Export all issues attachments, comments and files

Please, let me know if this information helps you.

Suggest an answer