You do not have a permission to log in. If you think this is incorrect, please contact your JIRA administrators.

Hi guys,

I'm trying so set up JIRA and I've set up the synchronization with Active Directory (AD).

In AD JIRA-USERS group is created with 3 members and is synchronized in JIRA correctly.

In Global permissions JIRA-USERS group is added as well.

Any ideas what may be wrong?

Thanks

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I have changed the name of the group to Jira-u and then assign group in global permissions to jira users. Then it worked ...

I'm having the same problem. I was able to authenticate locally, but after I changed priorities to attempt LDAP authentication first, I can't log in now.

I am the administrator.

I get "You do not have a permission to log in. If you think this is incorrect, please contact your JIRA administrators."

peter, yes, within jira, my user account is in all three default groups.

do I need to create security groups within AD with the names of those jira groups?

all I set up jira LDAP with was READ ONLY.

Brian,

Did you add you LDAP account to a jira-administrator group in LDAP?

If not then it doesn't recognize you as a jira-administrator.

Best regards,

Peter

ok, so since I can't get in, please verify the names of the groups that I need to create in AD:

1. jira-users

2. jira-administrators (or is it jira-admins?)

Brian,

Yes you'll need to create those groups in the AD too.

Now JIRA will look you up in the first user directory it encounters (AD) and will try to get your groups from that directory. If you don't have any groups : bad luck...

Best regards,

Peter

jira-users

jira-developers

jira-administrators

those are the 3 basic groups.

good luck

Peter

Thanks, Peter. I've already got Confluence tied to Agile. I'll also be rolling out a test Stash within the next 2 or 3 days. I assume Stash will work the same way.

yes it will.

good luck :)

Hi Jozef,

JIRA-USERS might be seen as a different group then jira-users (even if the search user in group functionality works). Could you please try to rename your AD group to lower case jira-users and try again?

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

119 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you