Write a filter query for all tasks under non-Epic parent

Kirra Lynam August 15, 2022

The technical team in my organisation use a project for all of their builds, and my build is a Feature under their Project. The build has been broken down into Epics, which each have Tasks assigned to them.

I need a filter query for swimlanes that will show me all Tasks under all of the Epics associated with my Feature. I don't want to see the Epics - I only need to track the Tasks through the workflow.

"Parent Link" = ABS-123 AND type = Task does not work if the parent link is the Feature ID. I suppose I could add every Epic ID to the query, but we have hundreds and are regularly adding more! I'd rather be able to search on their common parent Feature ID, if this is possible?

1 answer

1 vote
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

Hi @Kirra Lynam 

If I understand well you have one Feature link to Epics using Parent Link field (that come from Advanced roadmap:Portfolio for JIRA) and Tasks links to Epics using Epic links and you want only Task link to Feature through Epic ?

Do you have apps such as Scriptrunner or JQL Tricks ?

If you have scriptrunner you can do a JQL like

issueFunction in issueInEpics('"Parent Link" = ABS-123 and type = Epic')

Regards

Suggest an answer