Write JQL filter to search issue field

Robert Indelicato January 8, 2020

Hi I am trying to create a JQL that can query issues under given epic where epic fixVersion and issue fixVersion do not match.  The query is to catch discrepancies where issues have been assigned to incorrect fixVersion.  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Magny-Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hi @Robert Indelicato ,
I think your request is quite a good idea! But I don't think it is possible for every fixVersion. I mean you may be able to do that for a specific version, and you should change your query for each fixVersion. I tried a query using the latestReleasedVersion:

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("fixVersion = latestReleasedVersion()") and fixVersion != latestReleasedVersion() ORDER BY Rank ASC

Hope it helps !

Robert Indelicato January 9, 2020

I'm a step closer with it and it works as long as i replace "latestReleasedVersion() with actual fixVersion name like below (I think this is what you meant).  Is there a way to do this without explicitly stating the version name?

project = xyz AND issueFunction in issuesInEpics("fixVersion = 'abc'") AND fixVersion != "abc" AND Sprint in openSprints()

I tried:

project = xyz AND issueFunction in issuesInEpics("fixVersion = unreleasedVersions()") AND fixVersion != unreleasedVersions()

0 votes
Robert Indelicato January 9, 2020

I think I got it now

project = xyz AND issueFunction in issuesInEpics("fixVersion in unreleasedVersions()") AND fixVersion not in unreleasedVersions() 

Suggest an answer