Would like to send a reminder once the 'ready or provision' filed is empty after order place >2 days

Samira PENG May 23, 2022

Simply just want to perform an action if a user has not updated  'ready or provisioning date' filed after order place date >2 days, will send a reminder.

Tried the following but doesn't seem to work...
I don't get any errors either; just 'No Actions Performed'. pls advise, thank you

JQL:

project = SM AND status = "Order Received" AND "Order Placed Date" > 2d AND "Ready for Provisioning Date" IS EMPTYJira screenshot.png

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2022

Hi Samira,

If I understand correctly, you have an automation rule that is running a scheduled JQL lookup, but this is not matching the issues you are expecting here.  There are two different things here I think could be causing this behavior:

First:

Within automation rules that use the scheduled JQL as a trigger, there is an option to

Only include issues that have changed since the last time this rule executed

This checkbox is enabled by default.  It could potentially exclude issues that have not changed since the last interval of when this was run.  I'd recommend unchecking this especially if you're looking for issues that are not expected to have changed since the last execution.

If you still find that this is not working as expected, then I think the next steps would be to try changing the JQL to be:

project = SM AND status = "Order Received" AND "Order Placed Date" < -2d AND "Ready for Provisioning Date" IS EMPTY

I suspect that you want to find dates older than 2 days ago.  In this case, I think we need to flip the comparison to find the issues you want.

I hope that helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events