• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Working with groups

It's been about 2 years since I was "the" administrator/developer/all other hats on a JIRA Service Desk setup. So.....my memory is really foggy on how things work.

Now, I'm working as a Project Admin not a System Admin (I think that makes sense.)

Anyway, I'm trying to remember how to determine what access a group has. I'm being asked to set up permissions that will allow some people to see a page in confluence, some to add comments, and some to see/comment/modify, etc.

Our administrators have advised that I need a business reason for them to create a new group. So....I'm trying to see what our current groups do (what pages they point to and give permissions, what type of permissions, etc.) to see if I can simply repurpose existing groups.

I hope this makes sense. If not, I'm can provide more detail and/or even do a phone call.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi, @Dee White !

I tried to understand your situation, but in the end I did not understand what exactly your question is =)

Do you use Server or Cloud products?

If I understand correctly, you want to set permissions in Confluence to user group.
Yes, you can do that, I am sending you a link to the documentation.

Or maybe you are are talking about JSD-agents permisions? (then "issue" instead of "page").

Look throught this doc.

Agents can: 

• View the customer portal, queues, reports and SLA metrics within a project
  • Add, edit, and delete customer-facing and internal comments on issues
  • Add customers to a project
  • Author and read knowledge base content (with a paid Confluence license)
  • Manage Organizations (if allowed at the application level)

I'll look at this documentation but here are more details to see if I can be clear.

• The system administrator created groups for our project
  • I am one of the project administrators
  • I want to look at the groups and understand exactly what they are giving access/permissions to
  • once I understand what the groups are "for" I can make a determination about whether to change their permissions for the requirements I've been given
  • I can't figure out how to see what the groups give access to (what pages, etc.) or what type of access they give
  • Does this help at all?

First of all, we should understand - you are Jira Project Admin or Confluence Space Admin? About what product(JSM/Confluence) you are talking?)
Do you use Server or Cloud products?

After that you can go to your project/space permisions and get information about group's access.

It is important to understand that as a project/space admin, we can understand the group rights only in our project/space, and not in the entire instance.

Is that enough for you?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you