Working with Multiple Subtasks

Wendy Barrington November 13, 2020

We have a team that will be using Service Desk.

The majority of the forms are created using Proforma.  I am capturing the values without a problem.

For a given issue, there may be up to 250 courses and modules.  Each discrete item will have content built and may have graphics and media built.  The constant is content.  The content can't go to the online course build until the graphics and media are completed if needed.

On the "Kick Off" form, we have a dropdown for the team lead to indicate the total number of course/modules required.  Based on the value of the dropdown, I need to create X number of content subtasks (and some media and graphics subtasks).  

Each content subtask needs to have a graphics and a media subtask (different workflow) associated with it.  I used labels and it worked - for one.  

Additionally, when the content subtask is initiated by the team lead, he will indicate if graphics and/or media is required.  If they are not, then those subtasks are deleted.  This also worked - for one.

In automation is there a way to auto-increment based on the total items?

This first set is the rule that creates the individual subtasks

Update 1.png

Update 2.png

Update 3.png

This is the rule that runs after the meeting with the requestor where the team lead determines how many discrete items are needed

Post Kick Off 1.png

And, here are the individual subtask creation details

Content.pngGraphics.pngMedia.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS