Workflow question - Unable to delete a transition.

Tarun Sapra Community Champion Jan 28, 2013

Hello All,

There is a transition which is available on all work flow steps and has a screen associated with it as well, I am not able to delete that transition?

This very transition is not visible in workflow designer and apears as a button only on the view issue screen. It's a close button with a resolution screen associated with.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks,

Tarun

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

When looking at the workflow in designer mode, on the left side where you pull the statuses from, there is a section called "Global Transitions". It sounds like this is what you have, as you mentioned that this transition is available from all statuses. If you select the transition in that list, then there's a button (red button with a minus sign) that allows you to delete the status.

I think you can delete global statuses while the workflow is active, but if not, copy your workflow and workflow scheme, delete the transition from the copy, then tie that up to your project.

Tarun Sapra Community Champion Jan 29, 2013

thanks, global transition was easily delted from workflow designer.

Can you add a screenshot of the workflow? Text mode

P.S.: If you have JIRA 6 then you should enter classic mode.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

34 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you