Workflow question - Unable to delete a transition.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2013

Hello All,

There is a transition which is available on all work flow steps and has a screen associated with it as well, I am not able to delete that transition?

This very transition is not visible in workflow designer and apears as a button only on the view issue screen. It's a close button with a resolution screen associated with.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks,

Tarun

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

When looking at the workflow in designer mode, on the left side where you pull the statuses from, there is a section called "Global Transitions". It sounds like this is what you have, as you mentioned that this transition is available from all statuses. If you select the transition in that list, then there's a button (red button with a minus sign) that allows you to delete the status.

I think you can delete global statuses while the workflow is active, but if not, copy your workflow and workflow scheme, delete the transition from the copy, then tie that up to your project.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2013

thanks, global transition was easily delted from workflow designer.

Kurt Liu December 19, 2018

I don't see this in my JIRA. (JIRA version 7.6.2)

0 votes
Özerk Dolanbay March 2, 2014

P.S.: If you have JIRA 6 then you should enter classic mode.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013
Can you add a screenshot of the workflow? Text mode

Suggest an answer