Workflow problem - assigning newly created subtask to correct person

Anette Noll May 14, 2024

Hi all,

I really hope that someone can help me. Again and again I checked the workflow. But now I am finished with ideas what could be the problem.

Essentially, it is about creating subtasks according to certain rules.
In one case it works perfectly. But not in all other cases.
I tried to describe what the problem is about in the following screenshots.

Would be very grateful for any help.

Thank you.

Jira_B.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Lígia Zanchet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2024

Hi @Anette Noll 

Thank you for the clarification.
As per my tests, the post function only works correctly if the custom field you are using to populate the assignee is the type User Picker (single user)

However, since this is a very specific scenario, we might need to check this in a support ticket to confirm that everything is correct from the Jira side.

I created a ticket on your behalf, you should have received the notification by email, and we can continue the investigation there.

Thank you

0 votes
Lígia Zanchet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2024

Hello Anette

If I understand you correctly, the post function to create the issue is working correctly, but for 7 out of 8, the assignee is not correct.

There are a few checks we can do:

•  Do The users have the assignable permission? 
    •  Go to project> Project settings > Permission
    • Permission helper> Search for the subtask and the user
  •  Take the XML of the subtask created, and check the value of the customfield_13342 
    •  To generate the XML just go to the subtask 
    •  Click on the ... > Export XML 

Could you please confirm if all the information is correct and if the problem persists? 

Anette Noll May 15, 2024

Hello @Lígia Zanchet

thanks for your response.

Yes, they have assignable permission and as to your your second point ..... customfield_13342 is the correct field for only the postfunction that works correctly. 2,3, ....8 each refers to another field. But yes, I also checked yesterday if they refer to the correct fields.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events