Workflow - ideal place for "update documentation" task

Shireen Mohandes December 7, 2012

This is a question about ideal working practice, and workflows.

We have 1,500 of documentation (more reference, not "how to") for our mature appication, which we are updating all the time. It is an internal application used only by our users, about 250 people. We want to try to keep it updated in line with small and large changes.

We are considering having a parallel task or activity on the workflow to update the documentation.

For sure, we will not delay the release if the documentation is incomplete.

We were wonding where people are putting the task or activity on the workflow. Before testing, after testing but before release, etc.

If you have any practical advice, or can refer me to a suitable link, I would be very grateful.

Thanks, Shireen

1 answer

1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2012

I would actually have a have a separate documentation workflow from your development workflow since there are many times when documentation can be updated without any relationship to the development workflow such as adding videos, pictures, fixing typos, etc.

You can use links (related to) to show the relationships between the documentation and the development issues in both directions.

Suggest an answer