Workflow does not ask for resolution

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2013

Hi All

I have created a new workflow based on the needs of our team.

The issue I am facing is that when we transition the issue to resolved status the system does not ask for the resolution.

How can i triger the resolution screen as soon as someone moves an issue to resolved.

Rahul

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2013

You have to associate the screen with that particular transition.

This should get you started:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Addingatransition

Edit the transition "Resolve issue" and select a defined screen (with the resolution field on it)...

Cheers Christian

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2013

Thanks Christian...that helps...

Vish Awate July 13, 2019

Excellent, i was bit lost here. Your answer helped Christian. 

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2013

... a screen with the resolution on it.

Also make sure you have the resolution enabled in field configurations for the project.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2013

Thanks Nic....that helps.

Rahul

0 votes
Lillian Shibata-Salley November 28, 2017

Tried everything and still cannot get the transition to show Resolution field...

Ensured it's enabled, created the post function, validate to make it mandatory and when I do the transition it still automatically goes to resolved without allowing anyone to update the field.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lillian

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

Sounds like you have not added the resolution screen to the transition, and you're using a post-function to set resolution instead of asking the user.

Lillian Shibata-Salley November 30, 2017

Apologies thought I had replied to this - yes I have created a screen and have also associated that screen to that transition....

The only thing I set was the validation to make that field mandatory

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2017

The resolution field is always required when on the screen. That's why you don't put it on the create or edit screen. 

Right - I was just doing that to see if that would force the screen to show up on the transition...

Still nothing. Just goes to the next state without filling in the resolution field.

Khuong Vu July 17, 2019

"Transitions used by the approval step skip transition screens, so if your Decline or Approve transitions are going to a 'Done' status, add a post function that sets the resolution of the request so it's considered closed by JIRA Service Desk."

The excerpt above was taken from Atlassian Documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver078/configuring-jira-service-desk-approvals-947189122.html

If you are using Jira's approvals (by checking the checkbox called "Add approval", an option which is available for any status), then the excerpt above will apply.  Therefore,your workflow will work a little bit differently than expected.

Suggest an answer