Workflow does not ask for resolution

Hi All

I have created a new workflow based on the needs of our team.

The issue I am facing is that when we transition the issue to resolved status the system does not ask for the resolution.

How can i triger the resolution screen as soon as someone moves an issue to resolved.

Rahul

3 answers

1 accepted

You have to associate the screen with that particular transition.

This should get you started:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Addingatransition

Edit the transition "Resolve issue" and select a defined screen (with the resolution field on it)...

Cheers Christian

Thanks Christian...that helps...

1 vote

... a screen with the resolution on it.

Also make sure you have the resolution enabled in field configurations for the project.

Thanks Nic....that helps.

Rahul

Tried everything and still cannot get the transition to show Resolution field...

Ensured it's enabled, created the post function, validate to make it mandatory and when I do the transition it still automatically goes to resolved without allowing anyone to update the field.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lillian

Sounds like you have not added the resolution screen to the transition, and you're using a post-function to set resolution instead of asking the user.

Apologies thought I had replied to this - yes I have created a screen and have also associated that screen to that transition....

The only thing I set was the validation to make that field mandatory

Joe Pitt Community Champion Nov 30, 2017

The resolution field is always required when on the screen. That's why you don't put it on the create or edit screen. 

Right - I was just doing that to see if that would force the screen to show up on the transition...

Still nothing. Just goes to the next state without filling in the resolution field.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,308 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot