Workflow condition multiple values or same field twice?

Greg Sanderson May 14, 2021

This is about Workflow conditions, to limit where people can move the issues based on status. So I'm trying to use "Add condition to transition" and using "Field Value" option.

Requirement:

I want to stop issues being transitioned at all once they're resolved. In my workflow I have about 10 status, and two of those are status that represent a "resolved" state - "Done" and "Cancelled".

Ideally I'd like to just set a condition that stops moving an issue FROM a status but this doesn't seem possible. Alternatively I'll set a condition on ALL status stopping a transition TO them if Done or Cancelled.

Attempts:

I've successfully setup a condition that does this for one of them: "status != Done", and this works fine. However this doesn't cater for "Cancelled" and I can't find a way to cater for both at the same time.

Problems/Limitations:

1. I cannot use a single condition to search for multiple values, e.g. I can't do "status != Done OR Cancelled"
  2. I cannot use "status" in a second condition to lock out "Cancelled", it seems if "status" is used in one condition it's just not visible in another condition
  3. I cannot condition based on "resolution", which would cater for both scenarios.

How can I achieve this please?

2 answers

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Hi Greg,

- You need to set your conditions to "All of the conditions" at the main level. 

- Then create your first field condition to != Done

- Create the second field condition to !=Done

- If all conditions match, then the button will display.

The following video explains in details step by step.  

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZKVN0VeaB4  

Greg Sanderson May 20, 2021

Thanks for the reply. I tried both settings "All" and "Any" and when trying to add the 2nd condition "Choose field" does not show "Status".

It simply will not let me use the same field in two separate conditions

0 votes
Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Have you tried doing

status not in (Canceled,Done) 

I’m sorry but I’m not fully understanding what you’re doing but I do know the jql needed to capture or not capture multiple statuses. 
I hope this helps you. 

Greg Sanderson May 14, 2021

I've updated my question to add:

This is about Workflow conditions, to limit where people can move the issues based on status.

So this is on Workflow Condition field value option. There is no "in" or JQL, just basic = != > < etc

Suggest an answer