Workflow based on custom field selection and multiple team pass or fail

Arun January 13, 2020

I have a requirement where the workflow should branch out from System Tested for additional status updates from 2 teams  "Project 1" and "Project 2" as in Pass or fail depending upon the custom field called Tenant  drop down value " ALL" at the issue creation.

I am attaching the workflow that I created and the conditions that needs to be satisfied. Please adviseCapture.PNGtempsnip.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

You will need a scripting app for this, but it is entirely possible.  You will want to edit the workflow, visiting each transition you want to control, and add one or more "conditions" to it.  These are (usually) short snippets that evaluate a question, and return true or false.  If they return false, the transition is not offered to the user.   The most common usage is "is the current user in a group or role" or "does the current person have permission X", but with a bit of script, you can easily do stuff like "does custom field have this value".  You can combine them together in the UI, making compounded conditions (e.g. "is user in group X and in role Y" can be two separate conditions, grouped together by "and")

Arun January 22, 2020

Thank you Nic - Could you please suggest the Scripting app name? Not sure but there are 13 combination that needs to be captured and the transition (pass/Fail/etc) values must be available for team ( 1 and 2 column) depending on their relation. Column 1 team always precedes.

Please elaborate

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

There are several in the marketplace.

Obviously, I'm going to say Scriptrunner - I work for Adaptavist, but it is the one that will give you the most power.  I'd also take a look at Autoblocks (also ours, but it allows you to write quite complex logic without needing to know much about code or having to thoroughly understand how Jira works).  Powerscripts should be able to help as well.

Arun January 23, 2020

Thanks, we do have the ScripRunner. If you have the code handy- mind sharing :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2020

https://library.adaptavist.com/search?term=condition is a good starting point.

It won't do what you want, but it should get you close.  The rest of the library has stuff you can "borrow" as well - things that can help you return the true/false that a condition needs.

Suggest an answer