Workflow and Transitions

jvduval July 14, 2016

How would I create a transition for the following condition:

1) User creates a new STORY - status is set to Story Review

2) During the review process, the user sets the STORY POINTS to a value

• If the value of the STORY POINTS is > 40 the JIRA Card (Issue) should be automatically moved to the status of SPLIT STORY (we will have constrants there that will ONLY allow the story to then be moved to a DONE state)

What we can figure out is how to automatically check the story for it's points estimation and thus set the status to SPLIT STORY should the points estimation be greater than 40.

Thanks,

Jason

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user July 15, 2016

Joe's right... you can set two transitions and use a validator and/or Condition to insure the correct one is used but I don't know of any way to automate the move in the Cloud.

jvduval July 15, 2016

So my question is stemming from the Post Function "Transition" task, that essentially allows you to call another transition step, that second step has the necessary condition that should be checked and if valid it will alter the status.

I have this setup, but when it executes I get a strange error with really no detail to tell me what really happened.  Maybe if we could do a screen share I could show you exactly what I've done and you could tell me if I did it wrong or if it's simply not possible...

Jason

(303) 520-7587

Deleted user July 18, 2016

Hummm.... interesting approach. Show me the workflow section that implements this and the error message. Let me play with it and I'll touch base tomorrow.

jvduval July 18, 2016

I will need to reset this up, as we removed it and added a "manual" step for now since we could not get it to work but needed to get our new workflow out there.  As soon as I have it set back up, I will send you which workflow and at which step it occurs so you can play around, should be by the end of the day today.

Thanks,
Jason 

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2016

You'd need scripting or a listener, neither of which are available in the cloud I believe

Suggest an answer