Workflow Personnalisation for Next Gen Projects

Amel LAOUINI March 25, 2021

Hello,

While getting around in this new version of Jira (Am used to older versions - with only the classic projects)

I noticed that for the classic projects there is still a workflow per project type (ex. Software Simplified Workflow Scheme) that seem to be shared for the same type projects.. I mean if i modify it; it will impact the other projects.

But in Next Generations projects if I modify my wokflow for my scrum project for exemple; it will impact all types of issues in my projects (workflow used to be by issue types last time i worked on Jira.. anyway..) but the modification won't impact the other next gen scrum projects? have I understood well?

Does this mean that in next generation projects we can't assign the same tailored workflow for our projects? and we won't be able to share same workflow between next gen. and classic projects? 

Thank you,

Amel LAOUINI

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

Hi @Amel LAOUINI , 

I think the point of Next-Gen projects is that the team managing the project can make changes to the workflows, custom fields etc without impacting anyone else.

That's also what is described in the Atlassian documentation on this : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/workflows-in-classic-and-next-gen-projects/

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Amel LAOUINI March 25, 2021

OK, Thank you :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS