Workflow: Part of Workflow only used if condition matched

Simon Hönscheid July 27, 2014

I am trying to create a workflow to buy items. there is a part of the workflow which is only needed if the product which will be bought is more expensive than lets say 20.000 USD. Is there a solution that jira automatically disables the part of the workflow if a custom field has a lower value? And ideally goes to the next step needed? I have the plugin for Jira Workflow extensions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2014

The simple basic answer is "use a condition" - these block workflow actions unless conditions are met. The usual conditions are things like "the user trying to do this must be in Role X" or "the user trying to do this must be the assignee", but you can add others like "Field X must be < 20" or "Field X must be >= 20" - by pairing them up like that you can create two transitions that do two totally different things. In your case, you'd probably point them at two different end status (like if it's under 20$, go straight to "purchase approved", but if it's over, the other transition could go to "awaiting approval")

I think the misc-workflow extensions has a numerical condition in it. If not, then I think there's one in the Jira Suite utilities.

Simon Hönscheid July 27, 2014

I will try that. thx!

Suggest an answer