Workflow Category Done

Darshit Thakkar August 10, 2017

Hi guys,

So I am using this intermediate step in my project called "Ready to Deploy". Ready to deploy is part of the workflow whose category is "Done". When I close the sprint, the tickets under "Ready to Deploy" are not counted as done but they're counted as in progress. What do I do in order to count the ones in Ready to Deploy as "Done" when I complete the sprint?

Thanks !

1 answer

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

Hey - is "Ready to Deploy" a green status (Status Category Done)? Is this the last column at the right side of your board?

Cheers

Christoph

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2017

The status category doesn't matter, it's purely based on the the issues being in the right hand column.

Darshit Thakkar August 11, 2017

Yeah, Ready to Deploy is Green category but it still doesn't count as done !

So as per Nic Brough, it should be in the right most column to be counted as done?

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

Yep, this is the only thing which makes them count, wasn't 100 percent sure ;) 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Darshit Thakkar August 11, 2017

Thanks guys ! Appreciate you quick responses

Paul October 14, 2020

Hey @Darshit Thakkar , I have a similar challenge I think. With this workflow that you've created, do you have additional steps in your workflow after "Ready to Deploy status"? For us, we have the dev work completed and the dev's don't want to see the issue anymore but the issue still needs to go into a hotfix or build so there are additional steps after a status similar to "Ready to Deploy". If this is similar to your workflow, how did you resolve this?

Thanks,

Paul.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2020

You can leave the post-ready status out of the column mapping for "done".  That means when an issue moves from "ready to deploy" it will vanish from the board.

Your devs will still find it if they go to a link or search, but it won't be on the board.

Paul October 14, 2020

Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , so the Ready to Deploy (in our case it's called "Dev Complete") status would be in the green (done) category and the next steps would be either in a in-progress or to-do category? Or just leave the "Dev Complete" status in a to-do category and remove anything after this status from the board? Also, I'm creating this workflow in visio so for our purposes the workflow goes from right to left.Capture.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2020

It doesn't matter what the category is.  If you do not map a status on to the board, issues in that status will not appear on it.

Your diagram suggests to me that you should un-map the three status to the left on the developer's board, their done is "dev complete"

Paul October 14, 2020

Perfect, thank you. Also, thank you so much for your quick responses, it's a big help!

Suggest an answer