Work solution two factor for jira server 2019 ??

Yuriy Tsymbaliyk April 5, 2019

Dear community please help to find realy working solution to integrate two factor with jira server.

Im loking maybe some solution how to use google authenticator which we trust.

Can it be configured? Or only one way to use 3rd party addons?

Can somebody describe your experience?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2019

Hi @Yuriy Tsymbaliyk ,

There are several add-ons that proved 2FA feature on marketplace. I evaluated the following one before.

Regards

Yes, i find them, did you use them? or try to configure?

Can you describe your expirience?

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2019

Yes, I used it before without any problem. You can look at add-on's documentation for further information. Hope it helps.

Yes it worked correct, even on VM.

I install it on VM and it start work.

Can you describe how users work with 2FA?

Did you get some issue with API?

Issue with jira-confluence directory sync?

0 votes
Vikas Nare December 2, 2019

Hello there,

I hope all is well on your end.

There multiple 2FA plugins available for on the Atlassian Marketplace which supports 2FA for Jira.

Here is one of the Atlassian's Top Vendor plugins that use Google Authentication to support 2FA for Jira.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221260/two-factor-authentication-2fa-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

The plugin also provides the Security Question as a Backup method or as an emergency method. So, if the user doesn't have access to his phone, he can use it to get access to Jira.

Also, it would be better if you can raise a support ticket to the vendor for faster resolution.

Again, if you are using the miniOrange, you can raise a ticket from the link given below. They will help you out to configure the plugin.

miniOrange Support
https://miniorange.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

Thanks,
Vikas

Suggest an answer