Work Log hours - Incorrect

rajiney0 June 21, 2017

I do have below scenario 

For a issue A

1. User 1 entered 2 hours 

2. User 2 entered 4 hours

3.User 3 entered 2 hours

Is there a way to get timespent by each user ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2017

Yes, read the "work log" tab on the issue.  Or grab it over REST.

I think there's a much broader question behind the word "get", but you will need to explain it before we can start to answer it.

rajiney0 June 21, 2017

@Nic - My objective is to get total time spent by the users in a sprint. 

Since users are logging hours in same issue, i m unable to come up with JQL or pie chart to get the actual work log hours. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2017

I'm afraid that doesn't really help.  The total time spent in a sprint is simple - search for issues in the sprint and add the "timetracking" field to the navigator to see how much has been logged.

rajiney0 June 21, 2017

@Nic - My requirement is here to identify total time spent by each user in a Sprint. I need them separately for each user. 

Currently i dont know how split the hours entered by users as multiple users enters hours in a single task

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2017

Ah, ok.  Well, that's never going to be simple to represent, or work out, but it's a perfectly sensible requirement.

JIRA doesn't really support that directly, it's heavily focussed on issues over people.  So it's better at saying "you spent this much time on issue X" than "person Y did Z".

What you need to look at is, I'm afraid, add-ons that can report on that sort of stuff better than the internal reports.  I would start with a look in the marketplace for anything that says "timesheet", as that's really what "time spent by person" leads to.

Suggest an answer