Work Log Tracking on Assignee Change

prakash.suthar October 17, 2019

Hi Team, 

We want to track time spend by the engineer to resolve the Jira. Sometimes the engineer does not put time spend and we are not able to track the time spend correctly. So when the engineer does assignee change, we want to give a popup for work log (time spend) and this should be a mandatory field. Until engineer puts value in this field, the Jira should not be assigned to other assignee. 

Request your suggestions for the same.

2 answers

0 votes
Leo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2019

Hi @prakash.suthar

you can consider these points if it matches your requirement

1. You can add one more step in your workflow(maybe called as assign-ticket)--> add screen(includes assignee & Log work fields) --> Add validator --> Fields required(Time spent)

2. I don't think there is a way to pop-up window when the assignee field changed in issue view. but you can write custom listener using ScriptRunner to validate Time Spent field when assignee field gets changed. if yes do nothing else revert the assignee back to previous one

(Note: you can't pop-up window from listener as per my knowledge)

BR,

Leo

prakash.suthar October 18, 2019

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the suggestion. Point 2 seems good one. i will try to implement the same.

Hari Shankar May 20, 2020

Hi @Leo  @prakash.suthar 

Could you please provide me the script for that custom listener to validate time spent on field/ status, we have three assignee will be changing in my workflow after IN PROGRESS status (APPROVAL, SIGN OFF, LAUNCH REVIEW).
I guess once I implement this we can track log-work on specific field.

0 votes
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2019

in field configurations search for the field log work which you use to log the time and then there will be a option called required that will make the field required the transition will not be done until the engineer types in the time -in your case

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2019

the field should be in the transition screen in the needed transition where the time needed to  be noted 

Suggest an answer