With XRay, is it possible to assign individual tests to different users in a Test Executionr

Hi

We're looking at Xray (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.xpandit.plugins.xray) as a possible test management system.  One thing we've noticed with the Test Execution type is that you can only assign the whole execution (and all tests within) to one user.  

Is it possible to go one level further and assign different tests in the execution out to different people?

Thanks,
G.

2 answers

Greetings,

You can only assign a Test Execution to one user, but you can have multiple Test Executions for a specific project version. A Test Execution is basically a unit of work. You can even have multiple Test Executions with the same Test for the same version. In this case, only the latest execution is considered when calculating Test and Requirement Status.

HTH,

Best Regards,

Bruno Conde.

Hi Mr. Conde, we have the same request. Having several test assignees within a test execution is also not planned for the future? We would really appreciate this feature. Is it possible to filter for 'Exec By'? This would be great to have a report. Can I configure 'Exec By' to be shown on Test Execution/ Test Section (like it is on Test/Test Runs Section)? Thanks in advance. Yours faithfully Wiebke Dietrich

Hi Wiebke, In the near future we will release a new version of Xray with the concept of a "Test Session". Here you will be able to assign different users to Tests and automatically create Test Executions based on the assigned work. As I said, Test Execution issues are units of work that you can assign to different testers. The "Test Session" will provide more of an analysis version and overview over the testing status for a test cycle. There is also a user story that will provide the ability to configure columns in the Test Execution tests table: http://jira.xpand-it.com/browse/XRAY-158 Kind Regards, Bruno Conde.

Hi Bruno, thanks a lot for your really fast reply. We are looking forward to the new "Test Sessions" :) Best, Wiebke

Ahh ok.  Much thanks anyways.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted 10 hours ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

33 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you