With JIRA OnDemand is it possible to integrate a remote HTTPS instance of STASH?

We use the hosted JIRA OnDemand service but we host our own Atlassian STASH server using Windows Server 2008 / IIS 7.5 over a HTTPS/SSL link via TomCat.

Is it possible to integrate both together?

1 answer

1 vote
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team Oct 21, 2013

Hi Gareth,

Yes, take a look at this documentation for details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Integrating+JIRA+OnDemand+with+Stash

Thanks Pedro, it doesn't work though. I can access Stash through an Apache instance via SSL now no problems, but when I try to add an application link from our instance of Stash to the OnDemand instance of JIRA I just get a timeout error.

If I try to make the application link the other way, from JIRA to Stash it completes the Incoming Authentication part ok, with a status of Configured. However the outgoing authentication section status is: Not Configured and the button labelled 'Enable' does not do anything.

Looking at the Outgoing Authentication section on the Stash instance now says this:

Please note that to configure Trusted Applications, Basic, or CORS authentication, you need to be a system administrator on the 'XXXXX JIRA' application. We recommend that you use OAuth for Application Link authentication.

Even though I am the administrator on our JIRA Ondemand instance, I am not a system-administrator, so it looks like this can't actually work.

Is this a known problem?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

98 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you