With JIRA OnDemand is it possible to integrate a remote HTTPS instance of STASH?

Deleted user October 21, 2013

We use the hosted JIRA OnDemand service but we host our own Atlassian STASH server using Windows Server 2008 / IIS 7.5 over a HTTPS/SSL link via TomCat.

Is it possible to integrate both together?

1 answer

1 vote
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2013

Hi Gareth,

Yes, take a look at this documentation for details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Integrating+JIRA+OnDemand+with+Stash

Deleted user October 21, 2013

Thanks Pedro, it doesn't work though. I can access Stash through an Apache instance via SSL now no problems, but when I try to add an application link from our instance of Stash to the OnDemand instance of JIRA I just get a timeout error.

If I try to make the application link the other way, from JIRA to Stash it completes the Incoming Authentication part ok, with a status of Configured. However the outgoing authentication section status is: Not Configured and the button labelled 'Enable' does not do anything.

Looking at the Outgoing Authentication section on the Stash instance now says this:

Please note that to configure Trusted Applications, Basic, or CORS authentication, you need to be a system administrator on the 'XXXXX JIRA' application. We recommend that you use OAuth for Application Link authentication.

Even though I am the administrator on our JIRA Ondemand instance, I am not a system-administrator, so it looks like this can't actually work.

Is this a known problem?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events