Wiki markup help for custom fields

Geert Truyen August 22, 2012

JIRA onDemand

Is it possible to define Wiki Markup Help to be associated with custom fields on the screen?

Any direction and pointers on how to do this will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2012

Hi there!

It is possible. When you create a custom field, tou don't have the option to configure the renderer associated with it, but you can do it through the field configurations menu, after creating the field.

Go to Fields > Field Configurations, and select "renderer" on the field you want to configure. If the field allows Wiki Renderer, select it, and the "Wiki Renderer Help Action" will always be shown on the screen with the field.

You may want to have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Renderers it might help you further.

Hope that helps!

Geert Truyen August 23, 2012

Dear Jeison,

Thank you very much for trying to help!

I tried it out. However, the custom field I would like to add specific wiki help to, is of the type multi-select, and therefor has no "renderer".
It is very strange that adding specific wiki help is apparantly tied to the type of field. This does not make sense.
The list the users can choose from is quite long, and therefore an explanatory note via wiki help explaining the names to choose from would be very useful indeed.
But apprently that does not work for this kind of field.

Thank you anyways !

Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2012

Hi Geert,

I believe the help link you're trying to add to the custom field is not the same you are reffering to. Note that "wiki help" is only associated with fields capable of rendering wiki markup. Other help links come from some file, which I don't actually know how to customize.

Will try and do some research, and get back to you if something comes up.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer