Why would Sub-tasks section of a parent issue's 'view issue' page get hidden during page load?

When we are loading up a parent issue with subtasks we can see the subtasks for a split second then it goes away. This happens in internet explorer and chrome as well. Why can we not see the subtasks section in the parent issue?

I have looked in to the documentation below but could not see any way to hide/show this section. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/configuring-sub-tasks-828788265.html

Below are our jira server configuration regarding this issue. Thanks in advance for any guidence/input.

jira.table.cols.subtasks = status,summary,progress,timespent,duedate,assignee,components,timeoriginalestimate,created,issuetype

Jira Software Server v7.2.7#72009-sha1:68b7d86

Google Chrome 59.0.3071.115 (64 bit)

Internet Explorer version 11.2007.10586.0

screenshot taken when subtasks show for a split second during page load... (this took couple tries to capture...)SubtaskShowing.jpg

screen shot taken after the page load completes...SubtaskHidden.jpg

2 answers

1 vote

Hmm, that's strange. It can't be the permissions. Have to tried accessing the subtasks byt searching using the keys?

I am suspecting some custom javascript hiding the subtasks after page load. Are you aware of any plugins or customizations doing this in your instance?

Indeed. My first thougt was about javascript being added to the announcement banner...

Thank you for the responses.

Our Announcement Banner just has some shorcut links. I am adding the code below. We have recently been testing Confluence integration and R4J plugin. We will delete the application link to Confluence and disable R4J and see what happens...

<!-- Message Banner
<marquee id="scroll_news" direction="left" width="800" onMouseOver="document.getElementById('scroll_news').stop();" onMouseOut="document.getElementById('scroll_news').start();">
</marquee>
-->
<div style="background-color: #E0EEEF; margin: 4px; padding: 2px; text-align: left;">

<a href="..." target="_blank"><span><font color="Red"> LinkName...</font></span></a>
<span style="padding: 0 30px">

<a href="..." target="_blank"><span>LinkName...</span></a>

<a href="..." target="_blank"><span>LinkName...</span></a>

<a href="..." target="_blank" ><span><font color="MediumVioletRed">LinkName...</font><span></a>

<a href="..." target="_blank" ><span><font color="Green">LinkName...</font><span></a>

</div>

0 votes

That behaviour seems to be a bug.

You may open a ticket with Atlassian Support:

https://support.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,669 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you