Why won't Jira and Trello connect

Bill McCarthy January 25, 2018

Our organization is having issues connecting our Jira and Trello powerup. After we activate the powerup in Trello the connection hangs and never completes. It was working a few weeks ago, but has suddenly stopped. Is there anything that we could be doing incorrectly?

1 answer

2 votes
Bill McCarthy January 25, 2018

Here is the window where we hang. 

2018-01-25_11-33-39.png

Raul Vega February 6, 2018

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Bill McCarthy February 6, 2018

Jira support was able to assist. Here is what they sent me after they resolved the issue. 

The Trello<>Jira integration requires there to be a Trello system addon installed in Jira. This is automatically installed and activated in all Jira Cloud instances, however, for some reason, there was a lag in when it was installed on your Jira instance. When you attempted to connect Trello to Jira, the Jira Power-Up attempted to "validate" your Jira URL to make sure it was capable of handing the integration. The results of that attempt were cached by the Jira Power-Up (it has a 2 day expiry) and so it was report that your Jira was invalid for up to 2 days. I did verify that your Jira has the Trello add-on... not sure why it was missing when you attempted it, but all I had to do was clear that validation cache then everything worked.

There was nothing you could do on your side to fix this on your own.

Like umutefiloglu likes this
Niel Ruben March 11, 2021

Hi Bill,

It seems like I'm having the same issue. Sometimes I'm stuck on the screenshot above and sometimes I get the following response: "

Error while validating tenant and addon enabled"

Can you help please?

Vai Cheung March 22, 2022

Hello,

Was there ever a resolution for this? We are also experiencing the same error as above. 

pierre.baerens
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 11, 2024

Same here but stuck in the verifying step. Is there a solution?

eduardo_elsoft_com_au
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 1, 2024

I my case, it was stuck in the "Verifying..." part. The issue was the link URL. I was using with a backslash at the end. Removing it and just using the `https://companyname.atlassian.net` worked, at least for me.

Suggest an answer