Why the tasks of one user story is seperated from the rest?

Shams Rasulzade April 21, 2023

I created a user story and for that user story I created sub-tasks. On the Active sprints it shows that user story and it's sub-tasks seperated from the rest. It's the same for the task.
(photo 1)
Is there any way that I can view them as 1 card that we have in normal (no-sub-tasked) ones? (photo 2 task example) So thatt we can view the sub tasks after clicking the user story card .
jira issue.jpgjira issue 2.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

Hi @Shams Rasulzade ,

I believe that in your board, your swimlanes setting is now set to 'stories'. This is the only setting where you can see the sub-tasks in the board (photo 1).

If you select something else as swimlane, the sub-tasks will no longer be displayed in the board. 

You can display the ticketnumbers of the subtasks in the card, by going to the board settings --> Card Layout --> Add the field name 'sub-tasks'.

Snip20230421_49.png

Best regards,

Kris

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

Hello @Kris Dewachter 

I think one of your statements is not true.

[Swimlanes set to Stories] is the only setting where you can see the sub-tasks in the board (photo 1).

In my board I have Swimlanes set to None, but subtask cards still display separately from the parent card.

Screen Shot 2023-04-21 at 12.40.19 PM.png

@Shams Rasulzade 

The reason the story and its subtasks are displayed separately is likely due to having your Swimlanes set to Stories, as Kris said.

If you don't want subtasks to display as cards on your board you have two options:

1. Change the board filter to exclude subtask type issues from the board.

2. Add a Quick Filter to hide the subtasks using the JQL
issueType not in (subTaskIssueTypes())
When you activate the Quick Filter then the subtasks will be hidden. When the Quick Filter is not activated, then the subtasks will display as cards.

Shams Rasulzade April 22, 2023

Hi @Kris Dewachter and @Trudy Claspill 
Thank you both for the replies. I changed the swimlanes setting and added Quick Filter for hiding the subtasks and the problem was solved )

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events