Why the date in Updated field is different from the last activity date?

Aleh Charnetski May 24, 2024

Hello, community.
There is an issue in Jira that has an Updated field value of May 13, 2024 at 4:36 PM
whereas issue Activity doesn't show any changes on that datetime. The last activity logged is on February 12, 2024 at 4:23 PM.
Why the Updated field doesn't comply with the Activity logged?
How can we find out what was changed when the issue was last updated?
updated and history difference NoPD.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2024

Hi @Aleh Charnetski -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Disclaimer: I do not work for Atlassian or any marketplace vendor.  With that out of the way...

Please review your marketplace addons / apps to learn if any are associated with this issue's project and have made issue updates.  For example...

Based on the image you posted, I observe you have a checklist addon, which has its own history of changes.  When changes are made, they may not appear in the issue' history / changelog, even though the Updated field changes.

I tested that with the addon Issue Checklist Free, adding a checklist to an issue, and I observed:

• the issue history did not change
  • the checklist history did change
  • the updated field did change

I then also looked in the source changelog entries with the REST API functions to confirm that this is not a display issue: there are no entries for that addon.  This means the addon did not log that change.  Other addons may use the same practice.

Kind regards,
Bill

Aleh Charnetski May 27, 2024

Thank You, @Bill Sheboy
I didn't think of addons for some reason.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events