Why the added user doesn't see project?

Tatiana Perina
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 31, 2020

When I added new user to board, this user saw page "This project is not available" and text "everything may have been deleted or your rights have been changed".

But in project settings, this user has a role - administrator. And old users see this board with this role.

Im not administrator Jira.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2020

Hi @Tatiana Perina 

Is this a Next-Gen or Classic project? And have you had one of your internal team's admins check over the user's permissions?

It'd be ideal if an admin can take a look as it might be a project or user-specific permission issue.

But you don't need to be a Jira Admin to check/fix (in all instances). For example, if this is a Classic project you could check...

• The permission scheme as a Project Admin. See the permissions via Project Settings > Permissions. The "Browse Projects" permission might not be based on role but on a group, that the user might not be a part of. A Jira Admin would need to fix this issue (for example).
  • The board filter as a Filter Owner. The filter might not be shared with all users - if this is the case then the user won't see the board either, as the board operates off the back of the filter's permissions. The filter owner could fix this if it's an update to the filter permissions, but a Jira Admin would be needed if it's a user group issue.

I'd start with these two checks. Let us know if you need more specific instructions to find these two pieces of information :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events