Why some references are as struck throught text

Mathieu Abeille November 15, 2017

Hello dear Jira community,

I had a look on my Agile Board and I have noticed that some done tickets are as a struck through text and some other not. Here is a screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 3.53.51 PM.png 

I wonder why? What I have to do to have all of them uniformly as a struck through text?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

You have set the field "resolution" on these issues. 

If it's empty, Jira sees the issue as "unresolved" and will display that instead of an empty space. 

If the field is filled with anything, Jira treats it as "done" (unlike boards, which class the far right column as "done"), and puts a strikeout on the issue, as though it's being crossed off a to-do list.

My guess is that your workflow does not (always) set resolution as the issues are going into a status in the far right column.

Ralph Hagemeier June 21, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

In my case it is the opposite: I set for some of the statuses to be RESOLVED but they are not struck out when checking in the backlog view. I am pretty sure this used to work and doesn't work anymore since we moved to the cloud-based version.

status_resolved.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2018

Could you show us an example?  An issue that has a resolution but no strike-out?

Ralph Hagemeier June 25, 2018

Yes. Sure. You can see that in the board configuration Iset Done, QA APPROVED, KILLED, and READY FOR QA with Set resolution

In the backlog view, the issue still shows up as all the other issues.

done_but_not_stricken.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2018

What is the resolution set on that issue?

Ralph Hagemeier June 25, 2018

I thought the Set Resolution will set it to Resolved.

I guess that is a wrong assumption. Can you tell me where I need to define what resolution I want in case I mark the Set resolution check box?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2018

It could do, but I want to check that the issue is resolved - could you look at the resolution on that issue?

Ralph Hagemeier June 26, 2018

OK, I figured it out: for scrum projects RESOLUTION  is hidden by default (as there is no use for it). You have to make it visible in the project configuration and then the backlog view will honor it.

Thanks for being my rubber duck.

Suggest an answer