Why isn't "is empty" or "is null" working for my custom version field?

Nicolas Anzalone October 30, 2012

Hello! I have the following very simple looking JQL which I would expect to pull all issues from the indicated project which do not have a released version. Please note that the field is a CUSTOM version field - i have a similar query that works just fine in another project that uses the out-of-the-box Fixed Version field.

project = "Information Technology Innovation"  AND ("Innovation Version" is empty  OR "Innovation Version" is null OR "Innovation Version" in unreleasedVersions())   ORDER BY Rank ASC

The "unreleased version" issues show up, but I can't get the issues with no version tagged to them yet. I would welcome any feedback if someone can suggest something I might be overlooking.

Thanks for any help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

Judging by the JQL query that you've provided, it should work out for you. This is because the query checks for all issues and filter them out when the "Innovation Version" field is empty, null or has an unreleased version set to it.

Nicolas Anzalone October 31, 2012

Hmm. Interesting. It wasn't working yesterday - I'm pretty sure I wasn't hallucinating. But it does seem to be working now. Perhaps I was doing something else wrong. Sorry to waste your time.

JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

No problems, Nicolas. I'm glad to hear that it all went well for you! :)

Suggest an answer