Why isn't my JIRA Backup capturing all my project data/attachments?

Hi all,

I recently just realised that whenever I make a backup of our JIRA Cloud instance - the backup download doesn't capture all the attachments of my projects.

When I download the file, unzip it and check the contents I see:

• a data folder - this contains attachments for 3 out of our 5 projects
  • a 'logos' folder
  • an 'activeobjects' XML file - which by the looks of it DOES contain the basic data for all prjects
  • an entities XML file.

The worry I have here is that the attachments for our missing projects are going to be left out and the backup becomes almost useless.

Is there a reason for this? A step I'm missing?

1 answer

If I am right, for Jira Cloud you need to raise support-issues to get attachment backups.

Hi Andre, I am not entirely sure what you mean by 'raise support-issues' for JIRA Cloud. Can you explain what this means please?

Hi Nick, in the meantime I found:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/exporting-issues-802592919.html

With that, you should be able to export all your data.

Hope that will help.

Ahh I think I understand now, so it gives you an XML directory rather than just downloading gigabytes of files every time?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Service Desk

Wy are we still using email for Service Desk workflows?

...attest to the experience of an urgent approval that gets lost in the boss’s inbox and requires that special “Please Approve” email or text message. In an age where we have distributed teams...

104 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you