Why is there to do/open and closed/done?

Holger Buhr May 23, 2016

Hi,

I don´t get the difference, when to use what?

Greetings

Marc

1 answer

1 vote
Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2016

Hi Marc,

You'll find the information you need, and more here smile

Best regards, Damien.

Holger Buhr May 23, 2016

Hi,

only open and closed are discribed, but not their differences to to do and done.

I am doing a little survey at the moment on project types and scrum, kanban, basic, project management use to do and done.

Regards

Marc

Like Lokesh Patidar likes this
Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2016

DONE

Represents anything for which work has been completed

TO DO

Represents anything new

Holger Buhr May 23, 2016

That are the status categories. Ok, if I read that for the issue status too, they are nearly the same.

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2016

Yep, that's how it works: Issues move from To Do to In Progress when work starts on them, and later move to Done when all work is complete.

Holger Buhr May 24, 2016

That bit is clear, only the difference between them is only given in the context of the workflow.
The default has open and closed, all others have to do and done.

Looks like that they got swapped and the "new ones" are to do and done

Like esiric likes this
Holger Buhr May 24, 2016

Ok, process management takes it one step further and combines open and done smile

Suggest an answer