Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Why is the column "When assigned" empty?

Dear Jira, Dear All,

In the table of tickets we see here https://[our jira]/issues/?jql=[...]

I am filtering the tickets to see only the one I am the assignee that have been sent after some date.

But I also need to know when the ticket was assigned to me. I see that we custom the display and add columns. I tried to add the column "When assigned" hoping that I would get that information but the column remains empty.

Jira-Empty_Column-When_Assigned.jpg

Is there a way to have the information when the ticked was assigned to the current assignee in that table? or, even, in the screen displaying all the information for a specific ticket?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,

Thierry

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras Community Leader Aug 22, 2022

Ηι @Thierry DH and welcome to the community,

First of all you need to make sure of what "When Assigned" is displaying. And you have to make sure is a date field. Next you have to check how and when this field is populated.

• In your case I would either check any listeners for the Assignee field,
  • or if  the assignee field is read only, any transition with a post function for the "When Assigned" field.

That said, you can have the information about when a ticket is assigned, by doing any of the above solutions.

Thank you Alex. I am sort of an end user in Jira answering tickets arriving in our helpdesk. in Fact, it is not clear to me if the possibility to add a column 'When assigned' is common to all Jira installation. Maybe it is just a customization in our own Jira by our ICT department. 

I will ask them if they are currently creating the possibility to add that column.

I am certainly not in charge with dealing with listeners. I suppose it is something for administrators.

Thank you anyway for your quick answer!

Suggest an answer