Why is my recently closed sprint not visible in most reporting?

ahuizenga September 3, 2019

I closed a sprint in the normal fashion by clicking on the complete sprint button for the then active sprint. Upon completing the sprint I was taken to the sprint report for that sprint. I proceeded to start our next sprint, again in the usual fashion.

Roughly an hour later I returned to the project reporting so I could save the reports for our completed work. The sprint was not in sprint reporting, burndown chart, or burnup chart. It does appear on the velocity report, and if I click through the link on the velocity report I can view the sprint report. I can also query the sprint by name. It is clearly not deleted, yet I do not know why I cannot view various reports. 

Please help!

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2019

Hello Amy,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The Reports you mentioned (sprint reporting, burndown chart, and burnup chart) are board/project-specific, so it will not display issues created on other boards.

That being said, please provide us with the following information:

1 - When you access the Sprint report by clicking through the link on the velocity report, can you check the parameter projectKey in the URL to check if you are moved to a Sprint report of another project?

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 18.31.27.png

2 - Is your board configured with issues from other projects? Or you only have issues of the project where the board was created from?

3 - Are you not able to see the option to select the closed sprint at all or is it displaying but not returning any issues?

Let us know your results as soon as you got the chance to check it. :)

ahuizenga September 5, 2019

1 - When you access the Sprint report by clicking through the link on the velocity report, can you check the parameter projectKey in the URL to check if you are moved to a Sprint report of another project?

The projectKey in the URL is the same as the project. I used the drop down to check the other sprint URLs within the project, the key was the same for each. 

2 - Is your board configured with issues from other projects? Or you only have issues of the project where the board was created from?

Only issues from this project are on this board. We do have two boards within the project, however one is a Kanban board that does not have anything to do with the sprints.

3 - Are you not able to see the option to select the closed sprint at all or is it displaying but not returning any issues?

I cannot see it at all. All of the drop downs go from Sprint 15 to the current Sprint 17. I am able to query all of the issues from the sprint with project name and sprint name.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information. Thank you so much!

ahuizenga September 10, 2019

@Petter Gonçalves , do you have any suggestions of where I could possibly look for my missing reports? Or other questions that I could answer?

Kate Smith October 11, 2022

To anyone who may come across this issue now as I did today, I was able to force the report to show using the correct "sprint id" in the URL, even though the option wasn't showing up in the dropdown list. 
I found the sprint id by doing a search with the sprint label then switching to JQL view to see the id. 
This thread gave me the idea, so thanks for the lead and hope this helps someone in turn! 

Suggest an answer