Why is my default priority not selected when I create an issue? (next-gen)

Nick Rossi July 3, 2021

The default priority I have selected is not the one that appears in the Priority field when I create an issue. Why is this?

Here is my list of priorities. "P2: Normal" is the selected default:

Screenshot from 2021-07-03 17-11-52.png

But when I click on the Create issue button, the Priority field is initially filled with "P1" instead:

Screenshot from 2021-07-03 17-12-41.png

In addition, any new issues I create inline in the Backlog view also take on the "P1" priority instead of the default "P2".

Update:

This problem is specific to a next-gen project. When I create issues in a classic project, the correct default priority is assigned.

Update:

With further testing, I have found that the default priority that appears in new issues is always whichever priority is in the second position in the list, no matter what I have set for the default.

As an example, I moved "P2" into the second position (even though this is out of order) and set "P3" to the explicit default. Now, when I create a new issue, I would expect "P3" to be the default because that is what I assigned, but "P2" is the default that appears. I can repeat this effect by moving any of the priorities into the second position, and that will be the one used as the default.

Screenshot from 2021-07-05 10-43-38.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

@Nick Rossi 

Priorities set by the Issue Settings, are meant to be used only with CMP, rather than with TMP. To set a default priority on a TMP, try the following:

• Go to your project settings
  • Go to Issue types
  • Click the issue type to which you want to change the priority
  • Find the priority field
  • Click the arrow
  • Set the default priority
  • Repeat the process for all issue types in your project

priority.png

Hope that helps!

Alex

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2021

Hi @Nick Rossi

I would go on the history of this ticket and see if priority's value changed after the ticket creation. If so, then this could be due to an automation of a post function on the workflow of the issue type. However, in case you don't see anything related in the history of this ticket, I would still search for an automation (project or global rule) as well as a PF on the workflow, since some changes could not be documented on the issue's history.

Nick Rossi July 5, 2021

This is a Next-gen project. I don't have any workflows associated with it, not even a default one as is generated for classic projects.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2021

That is a good question. The default works fine for me. Do you have any addons.

Nick Rossi July 5, 2021

The problem with the default is specific to my nextgen project. I also have some classic projects and those use the correct default.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events