Why is my Jira hanging when I update an issue?

christopher April 30, 2020

Jira keeps hanging every time I try to add a comment on an issue. This happens on Safari and Chrome, also have some issues with mac app.

I have no problem creating issues or moving around Jira, it is just whenever I click on the Comments field of an Issue Jira completely freezes

6 answers

0 votes
Deepak Vohra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 18, 2024

One reason could be that a user is not logged in, or the session may have ended.

0 votes
Cheesie May 25, 2021

Is anyone finding Confluence also freezes too? It's such a struggle working like this

0 votes
christopher May 25, 2021

I am still having an issue here. Have moved to a new MacBook Pro and the issue still exists. @Earl McCutcheon are you able to assist any further with this?

0 votes
Cheesie May 24, 2021

Hi all, 

So glad I finally found this thread - I've been scratching my head as to why this has been happening..! so infuriating..! does anyone have a work around, or.. as Mac users, we are stuck with this?

Thanks..

0 votes
Bianca
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 28, 2021

Also experiencing this problem with multiple team members. We work on iMacs and MacbookPro, Safari and Chrome.

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2020

Hello @christopher ,

Thanks for reaching out, and to narrow this down we will need to do a bit of troubleshooting,  First and foremost open up the browsers devtools and check the Javascript console to see if there are any explicit errors occuring during the error that will give a better indicator of what is happening.  If we can find a clear error message that will help out a lot.

You also noted trying alternate browsers already, but check out the other test covered in the "Indispensable tests" section of this KB to rule out some other possible browser specific issues and let me know what you find:

Regards,
Earl

christopher May 4, 2020

Hi Earl,

Thanks for getting back.

It looks like the issue is localised to my machine (MacBook Pro), no issues with other mac users or windows users on the site.

I checked the java console, errors exist but do not seem to be following the triggering action which makes the site freeze (clicking on the comments field of an issue).

Any help appreciated.

See image attached of java console.

Thanks 

Chris

christopher May 4, 2020

Hi @Earl McCutcheon 

Thanks for getting back.It looks like the issue is localised to my machine (MacBook Pro), no issues with other mac users or windows users on the site. I tried the "indispensable tests" with no solution found.

I checked the java console, errors exist but do not seem to be following the triggering action which makes the site freeze (clicking on the comments field of an issue).

Any help appreciated.

See image attached of java console.

Thanks 

Chris

christopher May 4, 2020

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 11.46.56.png

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2020

Hi @christopher ,

Thanks for the details and as this is localized to the individual machine it defiantly sounds on the surface like something configuration related.  

I found something interesting on the initial error, but this one is specific to Safari only:

kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 303

I found this stackexchange thread noting a possible local storage issue in safari, where Safari is holding too much local data for the site and could be the root of the error, , but again as you noted checking out alternate browser versions this may just be a red herring:

The noted solution in this case was to do the following:

• Go into Safari > Preferences > Privacy
  • Search for "archive.org"
  • Click Remove
  • The problem goes away

I recomend that you check this out as the next step but still load the javascript console incase that error is just masking something else going on in the background.

Regards,
Earl

Andres Gutierrez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 27, 2020

Actually, this is not fixing the issue. In my case, I am on a Mac too (and my 6 people team) and have no archive.org or similar. Just in case I deleted all cache and all cookies and everything I could, I even re-installed safari and guess what? Still happening.

This is something that has been bothering me a lot now. 

EDIT:

Found the issue. Kaspersky extension for Safari. It evaluates manual input as "privacy-unsafe". 

"Stripping out potentially privacy-unsafe analytics attribute".

Solution: It should be that developers fix this and provide a privacy-safe way to use the software. In the meanwhile, just deactivate Safari extensions that might be conflicting.

Cheers

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
Andres Gutierrez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 27, 2020

I also found this:

TypeError: Argument 1 ('target') to MutationObserver.observe must be an instance of Node
observe — content.js:542
Init — content.js:542
(función anónima) — content.js:506
commons.8e019533e6681c8a9b08.8.js:12:114496

[Warning] Stripping out potentially privacy-unsafe analytics attribute: 'boardScrollClusterAvgLongTaskAvg' (commons.8e019533e6681c8a9b08.8.js, line 12)
[Warning] Advanced table options are deprecated (except isHeaderRowRequired) to continue using advanced table features use - <Editor allowTables={{ advanced: true }} /> [Will be changed in editor-core@125.0.0] (async-issue-editor.937c6f7d3b041efea470.8.js, line 1)

christopher July 29, 2020

Hello

Unfortunately the solution proposed by  @Earl McCutcheon did not work.

Issue looks to be as identified by @Andres Gutierrez . I have Kaspersky and the issue does not occur when the file extension is disabled - which I will not be doing. Hopefully a solution is implemented soon.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events