Why is my Activity Stream not sorted?!?

Bradley Mazurek January 14, 2020

My team and I continue to be frustrated by the Activity Stream gadget and its inability to sort content. I can see references to this issue all the way back to 2012. Does anyone have a fix, is not everyone impacted or (what I suspect) do people not realize it is happening?

For example, today I see the following, which is in two clumps. Notice how the dates reset part way through. If I can't trust the sort order of activities, what use is the component? How is a component that cannot be trusted be considered of "minor" severity?

• Today
  • Yesterday
  • Fri
  • Wed
  • Jan 7
  • Jan 6
  • Jan 2
  • Yesterday
  • Fri
  • Thu
  • Wed
  • Jan 7
  • Jan 6
  • Jan 3
  • Jan 2

I see bug JRACLOUD-68496, but that is now over two years old and no one can seem to get Atlassian to comment.

I see this comment in the community from 2012. The person that posed the question eventually closed it because they didn't get an answer and got frustrated by being continually prompted to select a solution (despite there not being one).

Help!?!?

1 answer

Bradley Mazurek January 14, 2020

Thank you, Tony. Can you explain the relationship between your link and my issue? I don't see the relationship.

Like Earle_G__Hall likes this
Tony January 14, 2020

Bradly,

You could make saved filters to see specific user's "activity" as an alternative to the Activity Stream gadget. But, certainly, the Activity Stream gadget still needs to be fixed!

• Find issues that were updated by John Smith:
    issuekey IN updatedBy(jsmith)
  • Find issues that were updated by John Smith within the last 8 days:
    issuekey IN updatedBy(jsmith, "-8d")

Suggest an answer