Why is it that the Name of Transitioner field doesn't get updated after a transition is executed?

Phil Bustin May 18, 2022

Why is it that the Name of Transitioner field doesn't get updated after a transition is executed?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

How have you implemented the "name of transitioner" field?

Phil Bustin May 18, 2022

How is that done?  The field appears in the field panel on the right, with value (None).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

I don't know, that's why I asked.

It's a custom field your admins have added, I don't know why or how they've done it.

Phil Bustin May 19, 2022

Name of Transitioner is not in the list of custom fields.  It must have come with Jira, since I'm the only admin and only user, and this is my personal account for experimentation, and I have no recollection of creating the field, and no reason to have created it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2022

It's not a field I can find in the Cloud systems I have access to.

Could you have installed an app that might have created?

Phil Bustin May 19, 2022

I installed free Jira and free Work Management.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2022

Well, I can't see it anywhere in any of our Cloud systems.  Can you tell us exactly where you are seeing it?  Screenshot?

Phil Bustin May 20, 2022

I apologize--it is a custom field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2022

<phew> I was starting to think my "keeping up with Atlassian changes" regime was failing me on something!

This moves us on to the next step of debugging -  it's clear what the field is for, but the next thing to look at is what scripts/post-functions/listeners/automations might be trying to populate it are.

Phil Bustin May 20, 2022

Since I created the field, and no other user has touched this private account, I'm sure I never configured the field in any way.  If I ever need it, I'll confirm this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events