Why is issue matrix custom field in issue link mode showing sub task links?

Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2015

Hi,

I just installed the issue matrix plugin and try to configure some issue link behaviour.

I created a custom field and choose "Issue Links" in the Matrix Configuration. I did not select any link types as I want to include all types of links (except of sub tasks). When I now open an affected Issue that has issue links and also sub tasks assigned even the sub tasks appear in the issue matrix area.

It might be "works as designed" as the statement "No link types have been selected. Issue Matrix will show all issues linked to the issue." could be interpreted as "and yes - even sub tasks will be included!" But I would not expect this behaviour when selecting the Issue Link Mode. I hope that I just missed some configuration option. Any hint would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Christian

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2015

Hi Christian,

This is a known bug that we recently discovered, we will resolve it in the next version of Issue Matrix.
If you are interested to watch the bug please create account in our public tracker and I will add you to watch the issue. https://botronsoft.atlassian.net/

Cheers,
Peter

Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2015

Good to know - thank you for the quick answer. I already have an account, what is the issue number?

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2015

https://botronsoft.atlassian.net/browse/ILV-35 I already added you to the issue

Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2015

Thank you!

Suggest an answer