Why is Escalation Service in Script Runner changing more fields than I want?

Christoffer Karlsson August 24, 2014

Hi,

First of all, I know Escalation Service is marked as BETA. So I just add this question here to maybe help out sort a known/unknown bug.

JIRA 6.2.3 and Script Runner 2.1.17

Setup = Two services:

Description: Priority set to Critical when issue is 2 days from Due Date
Interval: 15
JQL: project = Test and duedate = 2d
Action:
Run as: admin
Additional Code: issueInputParameters.setPriorityId("2")

Description: Priority set to Blocker when issues Due Date is current day
Interval: 15
JQL: project = Test and duedate = endOfDay()
Action:
Run as: admin
Additional Code: issueInputParameters.setPriorityId("1")

The services does exactly what I want, but in two occassions lately the "Original Estimate" have been changed (to random value) in the exact same time, by the same user (admin) running these services. This JIRA is pretty clean and default, this is the only mods I've done. Therefore I thought this behavior had something to do with the services I have added?

Can I provide any special information for investigating this? Or can it be something else running that changes the Original Estimate automatically?

Best regards

Christoffer Karlsson

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2014

I don't think it's possible that the service could have set a random value. Is there an action through which the issue is transitioned? Do you have any listeners on update?

It's more likely that you have a post-function or listener that updates the original estimate, and it's not doing what you think.

Suggest an answer