• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why is Atlassian Support so bad?

Why does one have to post to Community? Why can you not log a ticket direct without it being publicised to world??  Why do they make it so generically diffcult!  

And if it's me, problem in chair!... then why do they make it so bad that one can easily end up here!

Poor, very poor!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I think it's pretty easy to log a support call with Atlassian.  Go here https://support.atlassian.com/ and scroll to the bottom to "Contract Support".

However, I think asking the Community is just as useful, as if your question is answered then it remains there to help others in the future.

Hi Richard,

you don't have to post to the community but it's important to differentiate between the different support entitlements coming with the different products and services. But it's well documented here: Atlassian Support offerings

You mentioned providing an SEN, so you're on Server/Data center. When creating a support request you will be able to continue without providing an SEN and are not forced to use the community. Did you maybe just miss that? Please see the screenshot:

sen.png

Best, Max

Hi and thanks.  No I didn't miss it but the implication of "significant delay" because Support would then have to go off and do some work in finding your account means you're pressed into providing it.  As one should do since we are a customer and have a SEN so if I expect support to help me I should be expected to help them or face delay.  Once SEN provided you lose option to continue with support request and are directed to community.  Community has its place and is very good function but Support route is not made clear,  I see this as a plain shirk and that transposes into my view of their support care as a whole.   I shall simply have to endure the 'significant delay' next time.  Thank you (& apologies too as I know community is not best placed for a rant,)

Hi Richard, you got it off your chest and I hope you're feeling better now. 😉 So we can concentrate on helping you or at least clarifying things.

Two additional questions:

• When you enter your SEN, what does the form display? A red x, a green checkmark?
  • Are you running on a starter license, meaning you have less than 25 users?

Best, Max

I did go to there, entered product, SEN and then only option was to post to community!  

Sorry just ranting, hate poor websites that send you round in circles in order to avoid being asked a question. Poor web, poor support or both.

maybe its a browser thing,  Will try another

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you