Why is Atlassian Support so bad?

Richard February 10, 2020

Why does one have to post to Community? Why can you not log a ticket direct without it being publicised to world??  Why do they make it so generically diffcult!  

And if it's me, problem in chair!... then why do they make it so bad that one can easily end up here!

Poor, very poor!

5 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dana Ariya Bon Lua September 12, 2021

Yes i agree with you. The support suck. I find out they are not even on par to the standard responsive manner. 

My subscription plan is cancelled without any reason given while none of my side request for cancellation and the payment method is active. 

But the subscription plan is just cancelled.

We then asked for reply and request renewal on 12 sept 2021 1:44pm, even until now 11:33pm, we still do not receive any response for a simple request of renewal after more than 6houra

For any cloud service provider, this service is really suck! 

Joel Tavarez November 10, 2021

Currently in the same situation. I find it ABSOLUTELY ridiculous to have been waiting 7 hours so far and still no word.

Richard Butler April 24, 2022

You're lucky. Been waiting 2 days and still no responce from support.............. same problem, account cancelled and need to reactivate it. Why is there no reactivate button? Why do you have to contact support just to get an account reactivated?

tom May 22, 2022

Same issue. Why do I need to contact support to reactivate my account? I was on the trial account, then I got some more users (more than 10 now) and it got deactivated. Worst still, I thought I could resolve it myself, which is entirely reasonable, so went to billing and entered my payments details. Their not-so-clear navigation (and probably me being dumb) meant I'm now signed up to some confluence docs plan (I think that's what it is). Eventually I saw underneath cofluence docs my jira plan is inactive and I need to contact support to reactivate it.

Crap job guys.

(but feel free to explain why it's this way and change my mind)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2020

I think it's pretty easy to log a support call with Atlassian.  Go here https://support.atlassian.com/ and scroll to the bottom to "Contract Support".

However, I think asking the Community is just as useful, as if your question is answered then it remains there to help others in the future.

Pat Long May 13, 2022

Wait until you need support within a few hours.

Like # people like this
Mark Allen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2024

LMAO, if you are willing to wait an entire week, then I guess. But if you need same-day support, it's not happening. And with how much our account is per month, I would expect better support. 

1 vote
dschwanke January 31, 2023

I am now on day 7 working with support just to get access to an account that we own, but no one is a member of.  Technical support keeps sending me to the wrong FAQ site.  I think it's just an AI response system.

1 vote
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2020

Hi Richard,

you don't have to post to the community but it's important to differentiate between the different support entitlements coming with the different products and services. But it's well documented here: Atlassian Support offerings

You mentioned providing an SEN, so you're on Server/Data center. When creating a support request you will be able to continue without providing an SEN and are not forced to use the community. Did you maybe just miss that? Please see the screenshot:

sen.png

Best, Max

Richard February 11, 2020

Hi and thanks.  No I didn't miss it but the implication of "significant delay" because Support would then have to go off and do some work in finding your account means you're pressed into providing it.  As one should do since we are a customer and have a SEN so if I expect support to help me I should be expected to help them or face delay.  Once SEN provided you lose option to continue with support request and are directed to community.  Community has its place and is very good function but Support route is not made clear,  I see this as a plain shirk and that transposes into my view of their support care as a whole.   I shall simply have to endure the 'significant delay' next time.  Thank you (& apologies too as I know community is not best placed for a rant,)

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2020

Hi Richard, you got it off your chest and I hope you're feeling better now. 😉 So we can concentrate on helping you or at least clarifying things.

Two additional questions:

• When you enter your SEN, what does the form display? A red x, a green checkmark?
  • Are you running on a starter license, meaning you have less than 25 users?

Best, Max

Mark Allen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2024

Their support sucks, end of story 

0 votes

I did go to there, entered product, SEN and then only option was to post to community!  

Sorry just ranting, hate poor websites that send you round in circles in order to avoid being asked a question. Poor web, poor support or both.

maybe its a browser thing,  Will try another

Suggest an answer