Why has my Jira slowed down?

Deleted user July 14, 2021

Our Jira helpdesk portal has started to lag extremely. This is happening both on the user's end and our helpdesk side. I have rebooted the server a few times along with doing Windows updates with no luck. I takes a solid minute to just assign a ticket to someone. 

The server is a virtual server on our VMware platform. It is running Windows Server 2012 R2, Intel Xeon Gold 6140 CPU, 64bit, 16GB memory, a 128GB C drive and another drive at 64GB.

Anything helps! Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

You say it has started to lag, in which case your hardware and setting likely are OK. What has changed recently? Have you added or updated any apps? Perhaps try entering Safe Mode  (which disables apps) temporarily to see if that helps (though note that that could break some things while they're disabled, so try on a lower environment or during a time in which Jira is not being used). Take a look at your log file (e.g. c:\program files\atlassian\application data\jira\log\atlassian-jira.log) and see if anything of interest is being logged.

Deleted user July 14, 2021

No changes have been made to the server or the application itself within recent months. It is worth noting that the Apache Commons Daemon Service Runner with the Atlassian Jira process is running at around 6,740.9MB of memory. We have also been getting the message "We're having trouble communicating with the application. Wait a minute, then try again." on all of our KB links

Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

That is considerably higher than our implementation, but I don't know how much we can read into that - I'm sure many variables contribute to that. But, nonetheless, for reference, we hover around 2,000 MB on that process.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events