Why don't I see all of my tickets on my JIRA Kanban Board?

Caterina Torres
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 16, 2022

I have several tickets that are completed, but I do not see all of them in my Kanban. Same thing is happening with all new tickets - they won't always be shown in the Kenban view.

I have already made sure all workflow status are included in the kanban view.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Caterina Torres,

In addition to mapping the relevant statuses to the kanban board's columns in board configuration, please check the board's saved filter query, the sub-filter, swimlanes and quick filters since these configuration options are the places where the display of issues gets restricted.

With respect to the closed issues, check the "hide completed issues older than" option under "general" configuration of the board's configuration.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Caterina Torres
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 17, 2022

I can't find the General Settings under my board. Might it because I am using the freemium version?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

Hello @Caterina Torres 

Welcome to the community.

Issues that are complete (in the right-most column) will be cleared from the board automatically after 14 days by default. If you are working with a Company Managed project, that time period can be configured in Board Settings > General.

Other things to look at are the Filter Query for the board, and the Sub-filter. For a Company Managed project those are also both in Board Settings on the General tab. For a Team Managed project the filter is set to display all issues in the related project and there is no sub-filter.

Another thing to check is if you have any Quick Filters activated. That could hide issues.

And a last thing to check is if you have the Backlog feature enabled. Check if the issues are showing in the Backlog screen instead of the board.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

@Caterina Torres 

With regard to your comment "I can't find the General Settings under my board", are you using a board for a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project? It will say which it is at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

If it is a Team Managed project then you will not have a General option. The boards for the different types of projects support different configuration options, so what you find under the ... button will be different.

You've marked answers as accepted. Has your problem been solved? If so, please let us know which item solved the problem. If it is not solved, please let us know so we can ask more questions and provide more advice.

0 votes
Jack McCauley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2024

There definitely seems to be an issue for this around cloning tickets - I've cloned a ticket that was "done", effectively complete, that ticket didn't show on my board for no apparent reason. I moved the ticket to another project and bought it back into the orignal project, so it was assinged a new ticket number, now it shows on my board.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2024

Hello @Jack McCauley 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Please start a new Question post and provide all the details of your scenario, including

- the product in use

- product hosting type

- if using Jira Cloud specify if you are working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project

- what steps are you using to execute the cloning process

- share the status/resolution details of the ticket created by the clone process

- share the configuration details for your board; the filter it uses and the mapping of statuses to columns.

Given that the original author made no mention of cloning issues your problems may be completely unrelated.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events