Why doesnt releasing a version update the issue status?

Christine Woods November 14, 2014

When I click 'release' on kanban boards the fix version is being set and the version is being released but the issue statuses are not being updated.  Why arent the statuses of the newly released issues being set to released as well?

I want the issues released from the boards to have the fix in version field updated but also to set the resolution ands status.  Currently the status and resolution are stuck in ready for release, even though the board is not showing them anymore.

Anyone have any ideas?  Is this how it is supposed to work?  Couldnt find much about it in the docs.

thanks! 

1 answer

0 votes
Christine Woods December 16, 2014

JIRA got back to me to say this is how the boards work- the only thing the 'release button' does on a kanban board is set the fixed version to whatever version you have specified.  We just upgraded to the latest version but t he older version (5) actually removed the items from the board and set the resolution for us.

Has anyone found a way to make this work without having to bulk edit the issues off of the board?

Aaron Rohrbacher June 17, 2019

Hi @Christine Woods , This has been driving me crazy as well; were you able to find a solution?

Suggest an answer