Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why doesn't the Epic Status field show up in an issue?

Using Cloud Premium and Automation to create a rule to set the Epic Status as part of a rule execution. I added the Epic Status field to my task screen but it doesn't show up. Am I being thwarted by this locked by Jira field? Does it only appear on Epics no matter what you tell it to do?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Yes, that's the whole point of the Epic status field - it applies to the Epic.  It's not for other issue types.

They display it in some places, but the value is taken from the Epic they are linked to.

The field is locked to prevent you making the mistake of putting it on other issue types - if you could, you could put yourself in a situation where the issue shows the wrong Epic status.

Thanks for confirming @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_

Rats. I wanted to use it to hide the Epic and all of its child issues from the backlog if the Epic went On Hold in my workflow. I suppose I can make a custom issue field that I can set to do the same thing.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you