Why does my issue layout look different to others on the team

charlotte March 28, 2023

We've been making some changes to our issue layouts with the different views people have and also the additional of custom fields.

What I've found today though is my view of a bug or a story issue type layout is completely different to another persons. Is there a way to standardise this so that in a particular project when someone creates an issue the view looks the same across the users of that project?

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 1.45.26 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-12 at 3.27.54 PM (1).png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

The views of an issue are consistent, and they will look the same across all the users.

But there are a number of different ways of looking at issues, and my best guess is that you are tending to use a different one to the others.

To further debug it, I'd want to compare the exact differences you get, after checking that you are looking at exactly the same thing (same issue in the same way)

charlotte April 2, 2023

We are still seeing differences, even if we have the same creation point to creating an issue. We've decided to relook at our entire end-to-end flow to see if we can iron out some more of these differences.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

We would like to help you with that, bu it's hard to tell you where to look when you have not described what you are doing and seeing.

charlotte April 12, 2023

I've added some examples into the original question. 

It's the creation of an issue at the same entry point for that particular project on two separate users machines. Is there a way to standardise this view, so everyone see's the same thing, in the same order etc?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events