Why does jira administrators not getting ticket replies

johann October 6, 2019

Hi,

We configured mail handlers to send emails but now, jira administrators can send emails but when we reply they don't get the emails, how and waht can I do to fix this?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2019

There is a per user profile setting called "Notify me of my own changes".

If you have this set to off, then you will not get email for any changes that you make yourself. The idea being if you made the change, why do you need to be notified about it.

If you want to get emails for your own changes, then set appropriately.

johann October 7, 2019

Hi,

I was looking now but can't find anything, is there a specific place where I can change it?

So a jira administrator send a email to a email address, that sends it via the email handler to a kanban board, no we are getting the "ticket" as jra administator, changed it to the user and can't add the user as a watcher and not getting any emails on the ticket replies.

Thanks.

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2019

When you click on your user icon on the top right corner, you should get a drop down where the first option is "Profile" 

Select that and scroll down to the section that says "Preferences" and click on the pencil icon on the right to edit it.

There should be an option "My Changes". If it is set to "Do Not Notify Me" then change it to "Notify Me"

Click on update at the bottom.

I'm not understanding the other part of your question though. When you say "changed it to the user" what did you change? 

A user has to be able to see the issue to be added as a watcher. That means they

• Have to be licensed
  • Have Browse Project Permissions to the project
  • Not be restricted by Issue level Security (you probably dont have this set up.

You can use the "Permission Helper" under the "admin" menu when you are viewing an issue to see if the user has permissions, and if not, why not.

johann October 8, 2019

Hi,

Apologies for replying now only, I haven't had the chance to test with the user as he is not at the office, back tomorrow then I will checkj and give feedback.

Thanks.

johann October 9, 2019

Hi,

Here is a update.

So I tried this but didn't work. Went to the users profile from his laptop, under profile I changed the "My Changes" setting, but no go.

Does it make sense what I'm trying to do here?

Let em know if you need more info from my side.

What other options do I have.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer