Why does auto-suggest not work for all users?

tyler newman September 5, 2012

I have run into kind of a weird situation with OnDemand. For all but one of my team users, this feature works, but for him, it does not. I've eliminated any Permissions issues, etc, but this one thing is still annoying me.

1. User goes to Add Watcher by clicking on the number next to the 'Watching' link.

2. Add Watcher dialog box comes up.

3. User starts typing name...but no other usernames are displayed.

For everyone else on the team, as soon as the first letter is typed, we get a list of any team members with that letter as the first letter in their name, e.g. "A for Alex"...just not this one user. He's never shown that list of auto-suggested names. If he enters the users email address, he can add a watcher, but that's the ONLY way.

There's no difference in the browser type (Chrome), and I can't figure out whatever else it could be.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Does the user have "Browse Users" global permission? Not the project permissions.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions

tyler newman September 5, 2012

Thank you Jobin, that solved the problem!! My user is happy, I'm happy!! Thanks so much!! I would never have guessed that permission was the problem. Awesome!

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Glad it worked. I am happy too :)

Suggest an answer